It’s no secret here on Fearsome Beard that we have our soft side. Our soft side is not only how wonderfuly supple Aveda shampoos and conditioners leave Fearsome, but also that we are often inspired by Oprah and her guests on our path of personal growth. One of our long time favorites and previously posted is Brene Brown.
Below is a clip of one of her appearances on Super Soul Sunday:
Quotes I found powerful that I wish to contemplate today:
- “Cultivating gratitude is the way home.”
- “Gratitude, you have to work at it.”
- “There is no joy without gratitude.”
- “The most terrifying emotion is joy.”
- “When we loose our tolerance to be vulnerable, joy becomes verboding.”
- “Actively practice gratitude.”
For me, allowing my vulnerability to show …gives me freedom.
Being vulnerable means being honest. Being honest exposes me. Exposing me takes strenght. Strength gives me freedom. Freedom gives you (and me) me.
Vulnerability takes courage. Gratitude takes practice. Both produce Joy. Joy is my goal.